Fix 1604, 1601, 1600, 16xx Restore Error in iTunes with iREB RC3 [Guide]
Posted by ipodrohan
iREB has just been updated to RC3 which brings support to all iOS devices on iOS 4.2.1 firmware. iH8sn0w’s iREB tool lets you bypass any error (1604, 1603, 1602, 1601, 1600 error in iTunes) while restoring to a custom IPSW in iTunes. It bypasses all of 16xx and 21 Restore Error.
iREB-4.0.x-4.1-4.2.1-RC3 supports following iDevices:
- iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPhone 2G
- iPod Touch 4G, 3G. 2G, 1G
- Apple TV 2G
How to fix 1604, 1603, 1602, 1601, 1600 error in iTunes
Step 1: Launch iTunes 10.1.2 and put your iOS device into DFU mode. For putting your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad into DFU mode, carry out the following steps:
- Connect your device with your Computer.
- Click the Home + Power button for 10 seconds then release only the power button while continuing to press the Home button.
- You device should now be in DFU mode.
For putting your Apple TV 2G into DFU mode, carry out the following steps:
- Connect your Apple TV with your Computer via microUSB.
- Reboot your Apple TV by holding down Menu + Down buttons together for 6 seconds.
- After reboot, immediately hold Menu + Play until you see the message in iTunes (refer image below) saying that Apple TV in recovery mode is detected.
Step 2: Close iTunes 10.1.2 and Launch iREB RC3 on Windows.
Step 3: Select your device and wait for a few seconds until you get white or a red screen on your iOS device.
Step 4: Start iTunes again and select the device. Now press and hold left “alt” button (“Shift” button in Windows OS) and then click on “Restore”(Not “Update”) button in the iTunes and then release the “Shift” button. Select the custom .ipsw file and restore it.
iTunes will now restore your device to iOS 4.2.1 custom firmware without geting any 16xx errors during restore.
Download iREB RC3 for Windows
iREB RC3 direct link
About ipodrohanRohan Sood, I am 14 years old. I am all about Technology and Gadgets! I am currently at New Delhi, India. Future plans are going to USA and working at one of the awesomest companies APPLE Inc. As you might know, “TECHNOLOGY” is present everywhere. Let’s together understand this word and make the World a better place. I believe in “Sharing KNOWLEDGE”. I created this Blog to share as much Knowledge as possible. I hope you find my Blog interesting and self-sufficient. I will keep you UP-TO-DATE about the Technology News around the Globe!
Posted on February 21, 2011, in iDevice Related, Information, Tutorials and tagged Fix 16xx errors, fix 16xx restore errors, iphone, iPhone Hacks, ipod, iPodRohan, iREB, rohan sood. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.