We got a plain white box with our Droid Incredible 2 review unit, but here’s a good look at what you’ll get when you get yours starting tomorrow. It’s your basic Verizon retail box, that’s for sure. And yours won’t come with the Android Central watermark, though it’d be pretty cool if it did.
One of the worst-kept secrets of this spring is that the Droid Incredible 2 is coming to Verizon. Maybe you’ve seen the leaked pictures, or a leaked roadmap — but it’s definitely coming. And now it’s starting to show up in Verizon’s internal system, as evidenced by the picture you see above.
Ignoring the obviously skewed dimensions in the pic, we’re getting a clearer idea of what we can expect from the Droid Incredible 2 specs. Let’s break it down:
- World phone — that means GSM and CDMA radios, for use in the United States on Verizon as well as abroad.
- New 1.3MP front-facing camera to go along with the 8MP rear camera.
- Pre-installed 16GB microsSD card.
- DLNA media sharing.
- New Sync & Connect feature. Not sure if that’s an HTC or Verizon customization, but it “will provivde multiple e-mail and address books in one place.” The service will be up and running on April 12, and “will be on the Incredible 2 once it launches.” So don’t look for the DInc 2 before then.
- 3G mobile hotspot will be an extra $20 for 20GB. That’s either some really good pricing, or a typo.
We’re still waiting on Verizon to officially announce this guy, so things could change. And if you’re wondering what Verizon’s going to be demoing in stores, check out the pic after the break. And in the meantime, check out the current crop of expected specs, and be sure to swing by our Droid Incredible 2 forums.